Architects and Designers
Depending on your needs, we are always pleased to recommend an Architect for your Oakland/Macomb County custom home, or well considered renovation project. Our recommendations include select Oakland/Macomb-based contacts as well as architects from the Greater Detroit area, with whom we collaborate and facilitate to streamline processes. If you already have an architect in mind, we will always be happy to work with them to help your dream project become a reality.
Note to Architects & Designers
If you are an Architect designing a home in Oakland/Macomb County, you might not be based here. We’ve worked with many Architects throughout the greater Detroit area, and understand that most Architects have a select group of builders they trust to build their projects.
We’d love an opportunity to have a conversation during your Contractor selection process, and believe we have the capacity and reputation necessary to build your projects. We’d like to partner with you in the pre-construction phase, and add value that frees up your time and resources. We are happy to act as your permitting coordination liaison, and provide pricing input as design progresses.
We can integrate your submittal requirements in ways that work for you- or we can provide our internal submittal platform if you don’t have a process in place that you love. We understand what you need, and are here to support your process.
In our experience, working with talented architects and designers is a great opportunity for both the client and ourselves. The results are remarkable when a team of professionals take a construction project from conception to completion.
Site Feasibility & Pre-Design
If you contact us before you purchase property, or before you hire an Architect or Designer, we will provide the following services:
- Initial consultation and property review
- Site analysis, including utility & infrastructure, special permitting considerations, and view corridor/ preliminary site plan.
- Comparative property cost benefit analysis
- Initial discussion regarding program requirements
- Architect/Designer selection
- Basic range of cost based on your stated requirements
Once the Site Feasibility/ Pre-Design process is completed, and the project is determined to be viable, we continue our services in preconstruction as follows:
- Interface with Architect/Designer throughout the design process providing cost analysis at each design phase (Schematic Design, Design Development, and Construction Documents).
- Permit coordination
- Selection/ Submittal schedule integration
- Project specification coordination with Architect/Designer; develop Scope of Work documents
- Produce Project schedule
- Produce final project budget document (Schedule of Values)
Once we move into the construction phase, your project will have a Project Manager and Site Superintendent, who will work in coordination to provide the following:
- Quality control and assurance processes at each phase of construction
- Submittal processes (solicitation, review)
- Subcontractor requirements/ compliance review
- Change Management
- Substitution requests
- Application for payment preparation/ % complete review
- Back-up billing/ original invoice document preparation & submittal
- Schedule updates
- Solicit, review shop drawings
- Purchasing and production scheduling and requirements
- Permit/ AHJ compliance
- Design and specification requirements/ version control & distribution
- Production and inspection reporting
- Mutual understanding meetings (preparatory, initial, follow up and final meetings)
- Punch list distribution
- Tests and inspection coordination
- Photographic documentation
- Coordinate temporary conditions and protection
- Warranty compliance
We also provide a cloud based project portal, where you can view the schedule, progress photos, pending decisions, and the current budget 24/7.